IntraWeb 17 does not have an installer yet and one will not exist until much later in the development cycle. Currently some manual steps are required.
If you do not have IIS installed, it must be installed first.
Because IntraWeb 17 is not hooked into the Delphi back end yet, a web server is required. Any web server will work but these instructions cover IIS only. IntraWeb 17 cannot be run using simply the file system because of browser security restrictions regarding access to local files.
- If Skype is running, exit it. Don’t worry you can restart it later, nothing will break. It just needs to be not running when you first install IIS.
- Open Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Select Internet Information Services (IIS) check box.
- Click Next
- Wait for IIS to install.
- Click Finish.
- Restart Skype if you closed it in step 1.
Add MIME Type
For this step, please refer to MIME types.
Disable Caching of IWML Files
Under the site which hosts the .iwml files, select Output Caching, then add.
Deploy IntraWeb 17 Files
The IntraWeb files need to go somewhere. The easiest way is to find the default wwwroot for IIS and make an IW17 folder and simply extract the files there. Since IW17.zip has an IW17 folder already inside it, extract it to wwwroot directly so that wwwroot only has one IW17 folder and is not nested.
The default folder is:
Assuming that the files are then put in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\IW17\ you can now open up a browser and enter the following address.
If you came via Quick Start, you can return to it and follow the next steps.